Global corporations save billions in taxes due to effective tax structuring and tax planning. To mitigate tax liability, Google uses a complicated legal structure that has saved it $47.4 billion. Multinationals that have subsidiaries in various countries, including markets where they benefit from lax tax laws, saves them an estimated $90 billion in federal income taxes each year. Further, 60% transactions across the world are between related party entities and involves transfer pricing.
In this context, there is an ever-expanding opportunity for professionals to acquire highly-specialised skills in international taxation advisory and litigation. This course will also provide an understanding of complex issues involved in this spectrum and as to how can you advise companies to mitigate tax liabilities?
At law school, you only learn about basic concepts of transfer pricing and international transactions and how transfer pricing is calculated but this course will enable you to use these concepts for structuring transactions and advise multinational corporations as to how can they save tax.
NUJS, Kolkata, has launched a three-month certificate course in International Taxation and Transfer Pricing for young law students, CA, CS, lawyers, management consultants, businessmen, entrepreneurs, etc.
What will you learn in this course?
- How to apply advance tax planning strategies to a unique cross-border structured financial product
- How tax haven countries can help you mitigate your tax liability
- How to interpret tax-treaties
- How you can resolve disputes effectively in the field of international taxation
- How to identify and resolve tax controversy issues at the time of structuring a transaction
- How you can claim benefits under DTAA
How Will This Course Help?
Understanding of international taxation and transfer pricing can be useful in the following ways in one’s professional/academic career:
- Establish your practice in Taxation Laws after law school
- Attract interest for foreign LLM in the field of International Taxation
- Create strategies on the structuring of cross-border transactions to reduce your overall tax bill
- Expand your practice in International Taxation domain
- Advise businesses on how related-party entities should carry business in accordance with the transfer pricing rules
- Learn how to negotiate and draft advance pricing agreements
- Learn what falls within the ambit of genuine tax planning and what amounts to tax evasion
Other features of the course
- Learn anytime and from any location – 24 x 7 access available on mobile and tablet devices (Android) and on web.
- Faculty includes experts from the most reputed corporate law firms. Get doubts cleared in 24 hours.
- Learning materials comprise of video discussions with experts, animation, study materials, checklists. Access sample agreements and approval applications.
- Get doubts cleared within 24 hours over a discussion forum.
- Those who complete the course successfully will receive certification from NUJS, Kolkata – certification will be based on performance in an online test.
Module 1: Introduction to International Taxation and Transfer Pricing
Module 2: Legal Framework for International Taxation
Module 3: Guiding Concepts for Transfer Pricing
Module 4: International Tax Planning
Module 5: Penalties and Dispute Resolution
Is This Course Certified?
Yes, absolutely. This online course is certified by NUJS, Kolkata.
Apply anytime, from anywhere. All you need is an internet connection!
Duration: 3 Months
Fees: INR 5,000
Where To Enroll For The Course?
To enroll for this course, click here.